I spend last week searching for photo a hosting service for developers, and ended up using none of them. I always tend to build things that needed to be built, and out-sourcing everything else. It helps to move things fast, well, sometimes.
I just wanted something simple, a service that can host my photos, serve them, for free or at lower costs.
Here goes some of what I found:
- Ospry can upload,resize but lacks good documentation
- imgix can resize images on fly
- There was also resrcit
- And cantorva
Following writeups influenced my final decision:
- Jeff Atwood on Amazon
- Jeff Wilcox on Resizing image with nodejs/expresss
- Tony Spiro on uploading and reasing
- I found this npm GraphicsMagick
- Someone asked a question on StackOverflow
- And another question on StackOverflow
- And I found a server to start with, If I had to write the service on my own
- And even a less sexy image-resizer
- There is a tutorial about AWS integration.
- At end of the day, I wrote one of myself.
- I needed flavors(including speed) of those services, but I am not ready to pay for bandwidth for things I code and host on my own server.